Chevrolet Introduces 2017 Cruze Hatch
Oshawa, Ontario (Thursday, January 07, 2016)
Here’s the Story
Ahead of its debut at the North American International Auto Show, Chevrolet today introduced the 2017 Cruze Hatchback. Developed with all the technologies and dynamic driving attributes of the all-new 2016 Cruze sedan, the new hatch adds a functional and sporty choice for customers. It joins Colorado and Trax as the latest Chevrolets to push into new segments.
The Cruze Hatch has the same, class-leading 2,700 millimetre (106.3-inch) wheelbase as sedan models, but features a unique roof and rear-end structure – including wraparound taillamps and an integrated spoiler at the top of the liftgate. It opens to offer 699 litres (24.7 cubic feet) of cargo space behind the rear seat. With the rear seat folded, cargo space expands to 1,336 litres (47.2 cubic feet).
“The Cruze continues to set the tone for Chevrolet globally, it articulates the brand promise of offering cars with the latest technologies, more features and greater efficiency, performance and safety with fresh, distinctive styling,” said Alan Batey, president, General Motors North America and Global Chevrolet. “This the perfect time to bring the Cruze Hatch to North America.”
About the New Cruze
An all-new, more rigid and lighter architecture is the Cruze’s foundation for driving dynamism, while also playing a significant role in safety and efficiency. It is 91 kilograms (200 pounds) lighter than the previous-generation model due largely to a body structure that is 45 kilograms (100 lbs) lighter and an engine that’s 20 kilograms (44 pounds) lighter.
The Cruze lineup in North America is offered in L, LS, LT and Premier – and a more expressive RS package, featuring unique front and rear fascias, rocker panels, rear spoiler, fog lamps and – on the Premier model – 18-inch wheels.
The 2017 Cruze Hatch will be offered in LT and Premier trims, and with the RS package.
- Segment-exclusive standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility via the MyLink radio systems and available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot
- More standard safety features than any other compact car – including Corolla and Civic – with available adaptive features including Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Park Assist
- Available Teen Driver feature helps support safe driving habits and offers driving statistics for parents
- Standard 1.4L turbo engine with direct injection and Stop/Start technologies, electric power steering and, on Premier models, a Z-link rear suspension
- Interior with midsize-level roominess, including two inches greater rear legroom than Ford Focus and Hyundai Elantra
- Available features include a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, Athens leather-appointed seating surfaces, true French seams and halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature lighting.
- Cruze is Chevrolet’s best-selling car around the world, with 3.5 million sold since it went on sale in 2008
- In Canada, the Cruze commanded 9.1% of the compact car segment in 2015
- Over 40 percent of Cruze customers in Canada are new to Chevrolet
- Cruze owners have been the most loyal in the segment with 47% purchasing another Cruze, and almost 70% purchasing another Chevrolet. Number one in the segment, better than Civic, Corolla, and Focus.
About Chevrolet in Canada
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 115 countries and selling more than 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Twitter.
# # #